Thank you for your interest in our social media profiles. The protection of your privacy when processing personal data as well as the security of all business data is an important concern to which we pay special attention in our business processes. In accordance with judgement C-210/16 of the European Court of Justice, we, as the operator of our fan page hosted on Facebook, are jointly responsible with Facebook for the processing of personal data collected during visits to our Facebook fan page in terms of data protection law. Since a transferability of the reasons for the judgement to other social media sites cannot be excluded, we would like to inform you in the following about the general handling of your data when visiting our social media profiles.
Information in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Art. 4 (7) about us as the data controller:
BioSpring Gesellschaft für Biotechnologie mbH
Alt-Fechenheim 34 60386 Frankfurt am
Main General Manager: Dr. Sylvia Wojczewski, Dr. Hüseyin Aygün
Phone: +49 69 6605500 0
You can reach our data protection officer at
Social networks generally analyse your user behaviour comprehensively when you visit their website or a website with specific plug-ins (e.g. like buttons or advertising banners of the respective social network). Since our social media profiles are also hosted on the websites of the respective social networks, their visit triggers numerous data protection-relevant processing procedures.
If you have your own user account on a social network and are logged in to that account when you visit our presence on that social network, all of the data collected by you in the process will be directly associated with your existing account. We therefore recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but your personal data may be collected even if you are not logged in or do not have an account with the respective social network. In this case, this data is collected, for example, via cookies that are stored on your device or by recording your IP address.
The social networks store the data collected about you as user profiles and may use this data for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of their website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of presenting needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities. If you have an account with the respective social network, the interest-based advertising can be displayed on all devices on which you are or were logged in. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the operator of the respective social network to exercise this right.
§ 1 Your rights
(1) In the following, we will inform you about your rights as a data subject in accordance with GDPR Art. 15. You can exercise these rights at any time and therefore contact us directly. If you demand these rights from us, we will examine them in detail, taking into account the legal requirements and conditions associated with them. For this purpose, we may ask you for further information. We will explain the results of our examination and our procedure for fulfilling your request in detail. It is possible that we will not be able to fully comply with your wishes in the way you have requested. This should not prevent you from asserting your rights against us or from asking us about them. We will gladly answer all your questions.
(2) Right of access
You have the right to request information from us at any time as to whether and which personal data relating to you are being processed by us. This also includes information on the purposes of processing, if applicable on recipients to whom we have disclosed data about you, the planned storage period and, if applicable, information on the origin of this data, unless we have collected it directly from you. Furthermore, you have the right to receive a one-time copy of your personal data stored with us free of charge. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee for making subsequent copies.
(3) Right to rectification
You have the right to demand that we correct incorrect data that we have stored about you. This also includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
(4) Right to erasure
You have the right to demand that we delete any data we have stored about you. If we have published data about you, this also includes our obligation, within the framework of the "right to be forgotten" in accordance with GDPR Art. 17 (2), to forward your request for deletion, taking into account available technology and implementation costs, all links to this data as well as copies or replications of this data concerning other persons responsible for processing this published personal data.
(5) Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of data that we have stored about you. After that, processing of this data is only possible with your consent or for a few legally defined purposes.
(6) Right to object of processing
Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is in particular not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we request that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the facts of the case and will either stop or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection to advertising by using the contact channels listed under § 1 (2).
(7) Right of withdraw a consent
If you have given your consent to process your data, you can withdraw it at any time. Such a withdrawal influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(8) Right to data portability
You have the right to receive from us personal data relating to you which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format for the purpose of transfer to another responsible party. At your request and taking into account the available technical possibilities, this also includes the direct transfer from us to the other responsible party.
(9) Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain at any time to a data protection authority about our processing of your data.
§ 2 Processing of personal data by BioSpring
(1) We operate our social media profiles to draw attention to our services and products and to get in touch with you as a visitor and user of our social media profiles. In addition, we pursue the goal of gaining new employees for our company in this way.
(2) We as operators of the social media profiles are not interested in the collection and further processing of your individual personal data for analysis or marketing purposes. Beyond the data collection carried out by the operator of the respective social network, we do not collect any further personal data within the scope of our social media profiles.
(3) The operation of our social media profiles, including the processing of users' personal data, is based on our legitimate interest in a contemporary and supportive information and interaction opportunity for and with our users and visitors in accordance with GDPR Art. 6 (1) (f).
(4) The data collected directly by us via the respective social media profiles will be deleted from our systems as soon as the purpose for storing them no longer applies, you request us to delete them, withdraw your consent to storage or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Mandatory legal provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected. Stored cookies remain on your device until you delete them.
We have no influence on the storage period of your data, which is stored by the operators of social networks for their own purposes. For details, please contact the operators of the social networks directly.
Social networks in detail
We have a fanpage on Facebook. The provider is Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
Possibilities of objection (so-called opt-out) can be set at https://www.facebook.com/setti... and http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Facebook Inc. the parent company of Facebook Ireland Ltd. is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, and is thus committed to complying with European privacy guidelines. Further information on Facebook's privacy shield status can be found at https://www.privacyshield.gov/... .
The transfer and further processing of users' personal data to third countries, such as the USA, as well as the associated possible risks for users cannot be excluded by us as the operator of the fanpage.
Processing of personal data in joint responsibility of Facebook and BioSpring
(1) Via the so-called "Insights" of the Facebook page, statistical data of different categories can be accessed by us. These statistics are generated and provided by Facebook. As the operator of the social media profile, we have no influence on the generation and presentation of these statistics. We cannot turn off this function and cannot prevent the generation and processing of the data.
(2) For a selectable period of time as well as for the categories fans, subscribers, persons reached and interacting persons, the following data related to our Facebook fanpage will be provided to us by Facebook:
Total numbers to:
- Page views
- "Like" statements
- Site activities
- Interaction of contributions
- Reach (of articles)
- Video views
- Shared content
- Shares of men and women
- Origin related to country and city
- Access and clicks in the shop
- Clicks on route planner
- Clicks on phone numbers
This also provides data on the Facebook groups linked to our Facebook fanpage.
Facebook and BioSpring's Joint Responsibility Agreement
(1) As part of the "Page Insights Controller Addendum” to the existing contractual arrangements with Facebook, we have reached an agreement with Facebook, as required by the GDPR in Art. 26 (1) and (2), on who is to assume which data protection obligations. Accordingly, Facebook assumes the primary responsibility pursuant to the GDPR for the processing of Insights data and all obligations arising from the GDPR with regard to the processing of Insights data (including GDPR Art. 12 and 13, GDPR Art. 15 to 22 and GDPR Art. 32 to 34). The " Page Insights Controller Addendum " can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum.
We have a profile on XING. The provider is XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
We have a profile on LinkedIn. The provider is LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
LinkedIn uses advertising cookies. If you want to disable LinkedIn advertising cookies, please use the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/psett...
LinkedIn Corporation, the parent company of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited, is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, giving a commitment to comply with European privacy guidelines. For more information on LinkedIn's privacy shield status, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/...
The transmission and further processing of personal data of the users to third countries, such as the USA, as well as the possible risks for the users associated with this cannot be excluded by us as operators of the social media profile.